My Weight Loss

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Enriching My Life

At the beginning of September I started a program with a BUNCH of other people who follow the Shaytards are You Tube. Over the past year Shay Carl the father of the Shaytards lost over 100 lbs. That is a lot of weight. He changed his eating and exercised to get healthy. Shay start what he called Shaytember. It got so many people moving on making goals. 
These are the goals I had set:
1. Change in the way I see myself, accepting who I am right now.2. Regaining my health & losing weight by exercising daily-Walking starting a little at a time and increasing daily, weights and more active lifestyle. 3. Being more of the person I want to be and working on those areas in my life that I have neglected. 4. Taking time to be grateful for all the blessings I have. 5. Reading the 6 books I have waiting for me by the end of September. 6.Long term losing 100 pounds by doing all the above.
The above goals I am still working on daily. 
During September Shay had suggested reading the book called The Slight Edge .
I also suggest reading this book. This book is not a weight loss book but a book to help you to be the best YOU, you can be. 
 Then I read this book Fit For Life Not Fat For Life.
This book has great information about food and the effects on our bodies.
Well as you know I have tried many different diets or ways of eating to lose the weight I need to lose to be healthy.
 This weight loss journey is no longer just for the looking better in or out of my clothes it is for my health. 
My health is not the greatest. I am getting sick, feeling depressed and anxious. 
I need to get serious with this and make life changes. 
I had bought this book a while back. I read a little of it and put it on the shelf. I then loaned Coco it to read. For those who don't know Coco is our oldest daughter she is 22 and a mother of three beautiful children. She is an inspiration in so many ways to me and to others. Coco had her third child just 3+ months ago and is down 5 pounds lower than her pre-pregnancy weight. She looks great! 
Coco said that when she read this book that it helped her to realize what changes she needed to make. It worked for her so I am going to reread it and see what happens. 
The book is Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure, She played DJ Tanner on Full House. 
Her weight loss is faith based. I think this is why is resonated with Coco, she is very spiritual and has more insight than most 40 year old's. 
My plan while reading this book is to report all the things that are going on in my mind, my body and life as they happen. Keeping it as real as possible. 
It is funny at the beginning of this weekend I had plans of starting to calorie count and other such things. Life has so many twists and turns. Can't wait to see what happens with this. 
Hugs, Bobbi Jo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so thankful you stopped by. Please leave a comment or question and I will get back with you.
Healthy Living, Bobbi Jo