My Weight Loss

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Head Band & Toxins

I got this head band last week from Disks Sporting Goods it is called a Sweaty Band.
This is an amazing headband. It's stays in place and catches the sweat that my fat is crying. 
When you are done with your workout you wash it by hand, wring it out and let it dry and it is good to go for the next day. LOVE it!! 

It comes in different patterns and colors I just love this one. 
Since I am trying to get toxins out of my life I decided that May will be my greener month .
These are the items I got to make the products I have made so far. 
OOPS forgot the apple cider vinegar in the picture. 

I made deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo or no poo and rinse.
The pink spray bottle is the shampoo and the white spray bottle is the rinse. 
The little bottle on the left is toothpaste and on the right deodorant. 

Deodorant - it is a little dryer but works very good. 
I haven't noticed a difference than when I was using clinical strength deodorant. 
 This is the toothpaste. 
There are many blogs and you tube channels that have a bunch of different recipes for the following, this is just the ones I used and like. 

Recipes are as follows:

Deodorant
1/4 cup Organic virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup Baking soda
1/4 cup Arrow root

In a bowl mix baking soda & arrow root powder with a wisk. Then add the coconut oil and mix till well blended. Put in jar. You could add essential oil if you wanted too but I like the smell of the coconut and after I put it on the smell fades. 
After shower or bath put fingers in jar and run into arm pit. It doesn't take very much either.

Toothpaste
1/4 cup Organic virgin coconut oil 
1/2 cup Baking soda
5 Tablespoons of Xylitol- it is a natural sweetener (due to the saltiness of the baking soda you may or may not want to add this.) It also has micro-bacterial killer in it so it is great for the toothpaste.
2 teaspoons of Peppermint oil (this makes it closer to the toothpaste taste most of us are use to) this is optional.
Mix together in a bowl. I like mixing the dry contents first then the wets. Put in jar and just dip toothbrush into jar to brush teeth.
This makes your teeth feel so clean and fresh. I am loving it! 

No-Poo or shampoo
1 Tablespoon Baking soda
1 cup cold water

Mix in spray bottle. Shake up before each use. 
After you wet your hair you spray this on the hair. It doesn't take very much, rub through and rinse.
I like to concentrate on the scalp with a good massage through before rinsing. 

Rinse

1/2 cup Apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water

You can use less vinegar if you don't have dry hair. Mix in a spray bottle and shake before each use.
After you have no-pooed or just rinse your hair in the morning spray this through your hair and rinse.

I also like to rinse my hair with a cheap mouthwash due to I get itchy scalp and this seems to help. I saw this on Dr. Oz show and it works. Rinse with water and fix hair as normal.

You will notice an adjustment period to your hair. This method strips off all the built up chemicals from the shampoos, conditioners, gels and hair sprays. After a week or so the hair grows a custom to it and is beautiful. 

I have more green moves I want to make to get myself and my home toxin free to come. 

If you try it let me know. Healthy Living, Bobbi Jo














2 comments:

  1. Wow. That sweaty band looks really cool...I am intrigued by the no poo or shampoo and the hair rinse, but I'm wondering how well it works and if it makes your hair smell like vinegar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no smell left over after you rinse your hair.

      Delete

I am so thankful you stopped by. Please leave a comment or question and I will get back with you.
Healthy Living, Bobbi Jo