My Weight Loss

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Disuse Atrophy

I have been frustrated with my workouts or trying to work out. Finding out that after two or three weeks of not using muscles they start the process of disuse atrophy. This is where the muscle is not being used so it shrinks and goes into an almost stagnant stage. Well during the first 4 weeks of recovery the muscles I used were for walking, going to the bathroom, eating and talking. Needless to say these last 2 muscles are in great shape. My endurance just flat out stinks and I tire out going up our stairs in our house to our room. NOT COOL!! But I will chug along and it WILL get better, regain my strength, stamina and energy again.
So Friday I woke up feeling like I had been kicked in the kidneys. Such bad pain and I rarely get back pain other than when I was in labor. So I took it easy I did my cardio workout on the treadmill but that was it.
I then had a craving for buttermilk so I had a cup, low fat mind you. It was so good so I had another cup. Then I felt so bloated and gross. My daughter and I had to go to the store and I couldn't wait to get home. I had some stomach issues but felt better with that by night time.
Today still sore in the kidney area so I took today off.
Tomorrow I am going to share my new changes that I have decided to make, set my new goals for this week (some might be repeats) and workout log.
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so thankful you stopped by. Please leave a comment or question and I will get back with you.
Healthy Living, Bobbi Jo