My Weight Loss

Monday, December 3, 2012

Dr. Time


Today I went to see the Dr. Talked with her about my blood pressure.
Right now it is good so they will continue with the same medicine I have been on. 
We have set a goal for me to get off of my blood pressure medicine by June
This will entail me losing weight .
The Dr. asked me how much weight I wanted to lose in all I told her according to the charts I have seen they all say 101 pounds. She said I was being a bit hard on myself. I thought to myself  "what's new?"'
Dr. said it was time to put some effort into me again and make this life style change permanent. 
We talked for a long while about this and she wants me to keep a food diary.
I am going to start pushing more fruits & veggies in myself , stick to a 1200 calories a day (per Dr's request),  exercise and put caring for me first.  
She said that I have PTSD. She got me a medication to help me out. 
She also wants me to get a "Therapy Update".
It was actually great to get all the things that have been feeling, doing and going through
off my chest. I cried and was just honest with her.
I actually feel hopeful again about my life.
She wants to see me in 2 1/2 to 3 weeks to follow up on how I am doing.
As of today I started on Sparkpeople to keep track of my calories along with a written food diary.
This blog will be my daily journal of this life change.
Words of encouragement would be appreciated. 
Hugs, Bobbi Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so thankful you stopped by. Please leave a comment or question and I will get back with you.
Healthy Living, Bobbi Jo