My Weight Loss

Friday, January 4, 2013

Giving This A Try


I had found this on Pintrest a while back and I finally got the items to try this. 
So I am giving it a try I will let you know how it goes. 
I drink a lot of water as it is but I also tend to hold water due to high blood pressure & some times a little to much salt on things. Still a thing I am working on. 
(Excuse the somewhat inappropriateness of this picture! )


Hugs, Bobbi Jo
(Alright I am almost done with my 1st day of this. I do suggest adding the stevia to it. I used about 3 droppers of it. I left the tea bags such in the water jug and then added it to my refillable water bottles. It tastes pretty good. )
WARNING: You will pee like crazy!!!!


Instructions

    • 1


      Start with a one-gallon bottle of water. Ideally you should use spring, mineral, or distilled water, but I just use tap.
    • 2


      Add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
    • 3


      Add 2 tablespoons of pure cranberry juice. Be sure to get 100% juice, and not a juice blend, or a cocktail that is only 10% juice. You might need to go to a specialty store like Whole Foods to get it.
    • 4


      Add two dandelion root tea bags. You will probably only be able to find these at a specialty store like Whole Foods. This tea is quite bitter, and takes some getting used to. Because of its detoxing quality, it might wreak some havoc with your intestines while you are getting used to it. Any discomfort that you feel from it is simply your body detoxifying itself.
    • 5
      Note that your local supermarket might have a detox blend from Yogi Tea that you might prefer. I sometimes just use flavored green tea, which has excellent health benefits as well. Don't use any type of tea that you will be miserable with, or you won't drink the water. Here's To Good Health!


Tips & Warnings

  • Try to drink at least 64 oz. of water each day, whether this recipe, or pure water. If you are very active, or are trying to lose weight, try to drink even more than that amount.
  • If you find the water to be too sour, I suppose it would be OK to add a packet of Splenda, but you should try to drink it as-is.
  • Always consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet.
  • If this water causes you any discomfort or health issues, obviously stop drinking it, or experiment with a different type of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so thankful you stopped by. Please leave a comment or question and I will get back with you.
Healthy Living, Bobbi Jo